Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Management
The Doctor of Philosophy in Management Program (by Research) prepares competent practitioners and researchers with a firm grounding in Management who can foster research and development of new knowledge in specific areas. Through supervised research work, doctoral students are equipped with in-depth knowledge of Management and a focused understanding in the chosen area of expertise.
Upon successful completion, the PhD holders take pride in being able to:
- Show scholarly capabilities to generate, design, implement and adopt the integral part of the research process based on theoretical frameworks.
- Contribute to original research that broadens the boundary of knowledge through an in-depth thesis, which has been presented and defended according to international standards, including writing in international and local publications.
POTENTIAL AREAS OF RESEARCH
- Management Accounting
- Managerial Leadership
- Human Capital Management
- Environmental Management
- Business Innovation Strategies
- Business Creativity
- Managing Creative Resources
- Marketing Strategies
- Financial Engineering
- Social Entrepreneurship Management
- Being a full research mode program, no course work is required. However, students are required to participate in research methodology workshops and colloquium at least twice a year.
- Applicants are required to have a master’s degree (level 7, mqf): or An equivalent qualification in a relevant field from a recognized University; and
- In special circumstances, applicants who have relevant work Experience in an appropriate field and a second lower honors Degree or a GPA of 2.50-2.99 (on a 4 point scale) may be considered For admission.
- Language proficiency – applicants will be required to provide Documentary evidence of proficiency in English in one of the Following examinations:
- Test of English as a Malaysian university English test (must) at a Score of 4.0, or higher; or
- Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) at a score of 600, Or higher; or
- International English language testing services (IELTS) at a Minimum overall score of 6.5 and at least a 6.0 score in each Individual component of the test