The Bachelor of Early Childhood Education prepares graduates to work in both early childhood and primary educational contexts.
It also prepares graduates to manage daycare centers and pre-schools.
It enables them to work in Sri Lanka & other countries.
- Introduce students to the fundamentals of early childhood learning.
- Nurture future teachers who are responsive to the needs of children in their early childhood and formative years.
- Develop students to be competent individuals; equipped with the necessary skills to teach effectively.
- Inculcate in students the good qualities necessary to become role models to the future generation.
- Present teachers who are seeking further qualifications.
- For students who have finished the Diploma in Primary Teacher Training, Early Childhood Education and Special Needs Education and are seeking a higher qualification.
- Students who have completed A/Levels and believe that teaching is their vocation.
- Those who wish to pursue a rewarding career as a teacher.
MODULES OFFERED IN THE PROGRAM
- Language, Communication and Literacy
- Children Literature
- Pedagogy: Supporting Development in the Early Years
- Early Mathematics
- Child Growth and Development.
- Contemporary Perspectives of Learning and Development for Early Childhood
- Curriculum, Planning and Development for Early Childhood Education.
- Health, Safety and Nutrition in ECE
- Behaviour Guiding Young Children
- Science and Technology in ECE
- Families and Community Involvement in ECE
- Advocating for Children: National and International Contexts
- Partnering with community
- Children with Special needs in ECE
- Multiculturalism and Education
- Leadership Skills and Human Relations
- Arts and Creativity in ECE.
- Theories of teaching and learning
- Early learning and early environment
- Issues in ECE
- Community Service
- Keeping Children safe from home
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Psychology of Interpersonal Relationships
- Human Learning
- Living and Learning in the Digital World
- Learning Theory for Educators NEW Learning Theory in ECE.
- Social study & Emotional Development
- Research Methodology
- Research Project
- Programmes Plans and Development
- Observation and Assessment
- Playing in ECE
- Practicum-Phase 2
- Practicum- Phase 1
- Management and Administration in ECE Centres