The Bachelor of Early Childhood Education prepares graduates to work in both early childhood and primary educational contexts.
It also prepares graduates to manage daycare centers and pre-schools.
It enables them to work in Sri Lanka & other countries.
- Introduce students to the fundamentals of early childhood learning.
- Nurture future teachers who are responsive to the needs of children in their early childhood and formative years.
- Develop students to be competent individuals; equipped with the necessary skills to teach effectively.
- Inculcate in students the good qualities necessary to become role models to the future generation.
- Present teachers who are seeking further qualifications.
- For students who have finished the Diploma in Primary Teacher Training, Early Childhood Education and Special Needs Education and are seeking a higher qualification.
- Students who have completed A/Levels and believe that teaching is their vocation.
- Those who wish to pursue a rewarding career as a teacher.
MODULES OFFERED IN THE PROGRAM
Semester 1 (4 Months)
01. Curriculum, planning and Development for ECE
02. Children with Special Needs
03. Pedagogy: Supporting Development in the Early Years
04. Children Literature
Semester 2 (4 Months)
05. Theories of Teaching and learning
06. Families and Community Involvement in ECE
07. Multiculturalism and Education
08. Health, Safety and Nutrition in ECE
Semester 3 (4 Months)
09. Issues in Early Childhood Education
10. Cross Cultural Psychology
11. Psychology of Interpersonal Relationships
12. Early learning and early environment
Semester 4 (4 Months)
13. Human Learning
14. Keeping children safe from home
15. Social study & Emotional Development
16. Research Methodology
Semester 5 (4 Months)
17. Program Plan and Development
18. Play in early childhood education
19. Management & Administration in ECE
20. Research Project