Doctor of Psychology (Ph.D.) is a professional doctorate degree intended to prepare graduates for practice in psychology. The Ph.D. in Psychology is a well-balanced programme designed to impart a broad base in psychology, the program also offers an opportunity for intensive research in various fields like Human behavioral science along with specialization in Foundations and Methods of Psychology, Psychological process, Communication and evaluation of research in Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Industrial Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Clinical Neuropsychology and many more. The students will be able to keep abreast with current issues of Psychology studies. At every stage of learning, the students will be encouraged to invent new ideas in the field of psychology. They will be encouraged to participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences as well as to publish in referred journals. They will be able to integrate and apply the latest technology in specialized areas of Psychology to contribute to the country’s development by producing Research Scholars that fulfils requirements of both private and public sectors.
For successful completion of PhD degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Four research articles in scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
- To provide students with advanced knowledge in the theory and practice of areas of Psychology studies with the concept of research work.
- To prepare them for critical problem solving, decision making in various situations and responsibilities in the course of their research work.
- To create qualified managerial level Psychology professionals to lend support towards the relevant fields of Psychology in their specialty.
- To prepare graduates with the ability to carry out scholarly applied research independently at the forefront of their specialized field of Psychology and become experts who facilitate and contribute to the advancement of new knowledge.
- To train students about the significance of skills and knowledge in specialties under behavioral science, counseling methods, Organizational, Personnel and Business Psychology along with industrial applications.
- Master of Psychology (Level “7” MOH); or
- Other equivalent qualifications or relevant experiences and conditions accepted by Senate PPT / competent authority in Malaysia
- No entry directly from Bachelor to Doctoral Degree
- Candidates who register for the Master with a CGPA of at least 3.67may apply for change the standard of education to the doctorate program depends on:
- Skills and ability to conduct research in stage of Doctoral Degree.
- Approval of the Senate PPT
PROGRAM DURATION: 36 Months.