This program prepares students for advanced positions in a variety of educational fields, such as Head of Departments, Principals, owners of Educational Institutes. Graduates will be equipped with the skills to understand and formulate education policy and its practice. Develop a better understanding of contemporary issues and challenges in education. Help drive the future of education in Sri Lanka and abroad.
This degree provides greater career options and the opportunity for a higher salary globally.
The primary objective of the Master of Education program is to prepare critically reflective teachers who are able to:
- Understand educational research and leverage it
- Improve the effectiveness of their teaching practice.
- Create optimal teaching environments for all students.
- To train teachers of lower grades.
- To demonstrate knowledge of teaching and research techniques in field of specialization.
- To provide social skills and responsibilities to work as engaged professional educators in building learning communities into the future.
- To build students as professional Educators which will help them to conduct research professionally and ethically in the field of education.
- To develop leadership and team work within the learners which will help them to built communication skills for educational developmental theory in problem solving and scientific skills in the field of education.
Educational studies prepares students for a variety of employment opportunities including
Lead Teacher, Learning Support Teachers, Guidance Counsellors, Secondary, Teacher, Middle Years Teachers, Science Teachers, Educational Administrators,
School Administrator, Curriculum Developer, School Principal, Owner of a School.
MODULES OFFERED IN THE PROGRAM
- Psychological Foundation of Education
- Research and Writing Education
- Information Technology in Education
- Theories in Education
- Leading Educational Change and Improvement
- Researching Educational Leadership and management
- Policy, Strategy and Resources in Education
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Research Methodology
- Philosophical and sociological foundations of Education
- Educational Administration
- Educational Measurement and Evaluation
- Project work 1
- Psychology of Education
- Project work 2
PROGRAM DURATION: 18 Months